Thursday, February 3, 2011

Crocs, Elephants, & Blogs.

I have a tendency to jump on bandwagons long after they pass me by - sort of like my new pair of red crocs that I wear zealously - which is why I am just now starting my first ever blog (and almost ready to buy a pair of Toms, for that matter).  But really, what better time to start a blog than when Ryan & I are about to embark on a 3 month adventure to Africa (did you notice the elephant in the background?)  

We leave on Monday, and have everything but our clothes packed... I'm hoping to fit our sweet Lexi-dog into one of those air-tight compression bags so she can come with us.  Not really.  She is having a blast chasing squirrels at her winter home in South Texas with her uncles, Scout & Ranger. 

So here's to practicing African medicine, playing tennis on clay courts, and relaxing in paradise with my husband.

Stay tuned for my updates from the beautiful hillsides of Rwanda.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome. Good luck and Godspeed to you and Ryan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to catch your memoirs of your journey on here. Lots of prayers go with you two! Ya'll will be such a blessing to so many and I know He will be blessing you both just as much in return. Be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friend, my friend, my sweet friend. You're really doing it and I'm so excited for you and your husband. Soak it up, be a blessing and joy to the people around you, just like you are here. Wow, I sound like my mom.

    ReplyDelete